Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kitimat

I went to Kitimat last nite with my friend Steph. When we drove there the roads were dry, no snow or ice. I was behind a line of 4 or 5 cars and the guy behind me decided he was going to pass. He was paralell to me when a semi and another truck came around the corner so I had to break harshley for him to get by! I was so annoyed by his stupidity! We got there, we hung out with friends for a bit then went out for dinner. It was harshly snowing the whole time. After that I dropped some of my friends off and right infront of the one apartment someone had gotten in an accident a couple minutes before we approached. Everyone was fine, and the only damage was a busted frontlight. Pretty sure it was from the roads being extremly slippery! Then me and Steph headed back to Terrace. I drove between 60 and 80 the whole time because the roads were so bad! I could hardly see. Two vechiles within a 10 - 15 minute distance had their hazards on so I knew to be really careful. As I was coming down Onion lake hill their was a Semi over the bank. His trailer was on the road, but the Cab was over the bank in the trees. I hope he was okay! But before I passed him I tried to slow more down (I was only going 50) and I started sliding, and there was a plow pulled over to guide traffic, and I wasnt too far from him. It scared me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you got home safe!! Isn't God great for protection. :)

Tamara said...

I am too big of a chicken to drive that scary highway in the winter!