Monday, February 18, 2008

Bella & Bruno


Daddy Snickers, Daughter Bucky, Daughter Hershy, Mommy Ginger JR.
I bought two hamsters today for breeding. Isaiahs great great uncle opened a pet store in Smithers. He owns the building across fitness northwest & has an apartment in the back. He needed breeders so I offered to breed hamsters for him. I went to Petland after school with a couple friends and was in luck to find that they were on sale for only $4.99. Normally they are at least $10, to $15, and even somtimes $17. I bought a pregnant girl, which I named Bella & I bought a male which I named Bruno. Bella will most likely have babies in a day or two.
I bought a pregnant hamster before and it had 6 babies the next day. After I sold 5 the mom became ill & died so I kept the baby and bread it with the male hamster I had. It had 12 babies, but 4 died due to lack of milk or somthing. I donno its common tho. I kept two girls of their babies and had them for many years. I have had several teddy bear hamsters over the past years but this time I have Black Bear hamsters. Above is a picture of my hamster family I had before. I will post pictures of the other two & babies of Bella's when she has them. If you look at the Dad & Mom you can tell the babies are quite a mixter of the two! Adorable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah so cute. I love hampsters. I've had a few before but never babies. And I never bred them. My 6 year old had a pet hamster when he was 2 1/2 but it died a few years ago. :)

starla said...

so are you in smithers again?

lovinit said...

no i am in terrace. i went there on the weekend and the previous two weeks i missed church because isaiah was sick. i am going to smithers next weekend again tho