Monday, June 16, 2008

Wow, What A Day!

Today had a drastic change from yesterday. Yesterday = completely awesome. Today = completly gay! I was called Stupid, and yelled at by someone I looked highly up to and love as a brother. This happened just before I went to work, and I was in tears. When I got to work I bought a Coffee Crisp before my shift started and went through one of my friends tills. She asked me "What are you doing here, you dont work today, I have your shift." I was like whaaaa? Then I was on the verge of crying because I knew what was going on. I asked my supervisor if I was suspended and she told me to sign in and meet her in the back, so I did as told. I had a meeting with her and the store manager. About a week ago, one of my friends that work there came through my till with a box of somthing and we were both aware it would ring in as the wrong price. If an item is rung in at the wrong price it is free up to a $10 maximum. This is called the Scanning Code of Practice. It applys at walmart, safeway, save on ect. I gave it to her for free with a supervisors approval. However twofaced and self concieted Asst Supervisor that recently transfered had me write a note that I knew my friend knew the item would ring in wrong. My friend was suspended 4 days ago. I didnt think I did anything wrong, but apparently I did. If I knew the item would ring in wrong, I should have had the sign taken down hence the fact it is not my dept. nor responsibility. Head office told my store manager and supervisor to suspend me as under investigation. Meaning they are investigating the problem, so it isnt just a one or two day suspension. Its a, We will call you when everythings dealt with. My supervisor and store manager were crying because they didnt want to and they love me. My supervisor gave me a hug. With this much drama over a suspension I am pretty sure I am done. I have 12 days until the 28th, which is the day I gave my notice for and my shifts for the week are all given away. I have a visa bill that is over $300 dollars and I am moving in 2 weeks and I dont have a job awaiting in Smithers, and apartment that is $500 a month for rent. Not a happy day, thats for sure! On top of that Isaiah is sick. He is puking major and is not active.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

where do you work?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna! Praying for you! :)

Darci said...

Girly keep your chin up, You are almost done there. Hopefully Isaiah feels better soon.

Tamara said...

Crappy days like that suck majorly! But I'm sure you'll find a job pretty quickly once you get to Smithers :) I'll be praying for you..and for poor little Isaiah!